Time Warner Cable Park has been hosting Project Graduations for high school senior graduates for quite some time. This current year, 13 different high schools are coming to Time Warner Cable Park for their Project Graduation. The event is completely “turnkey” where our special event staff conducts everything, which makes it so much easier for the volunteer parents of the attending schools. The “activity mix” that takes place throughout the event is the key to its success. We conduct eight fun prize-winning contests during the event plus an exciting Las Vegas-Style Casino Night, Beach Volleyball Tournament, Karaoke Contest, and a super-fun activity we call “Survivor” where the Grads have a blast. We also provide a delicious catered meal that consists of marinated beef & chicken fajitas served hot off the grill, unlimited soft drinks, coffee, popcorn, ice cream novelty bars, and a light breakfast just before the event is over. Additionally, the Park provides cash prizes, gift cards, and lots of souvenir “Project Graduation” trophies for the Grads to take home.
We are pleased to have access to a 20,000 square foot air-conditioned INDOOR FACILITY that can be used for our Project Graduation event as a “back-up” in case of rain. We even have the flexibility of making the decision to have the event inside this facility as late as the evening of the event. We are delighted to have this indoor facility as a “just in case” alternative.
Upon request, we will be delighted to provide you the names of previous attending high schools with names and phone numbers of chairpersons in charge of the planning committees from these schools.
We would like to invite the parents on your planning committee to the Park one day or evening to show you the Park’s on-site facilities and a short visual presentation of our “Project Graduation” event. We can do this at a convenient time for everyone. Please contact Ken Klein, Director of Special Events at Ken’s office number, (210) 230-6719 or e-mail address Ken@sportsamericasa.com.
Time Warner Cable Park is a popular place for school outings. School faculty and volunteer parents who attend these outings continue to say how much fun the kids have throughout the day. They like the location of the Park and how secure it is by being completely fenced around with controlled access.
Time Warner Cable Park provides the following facilities and activities for attending schools:
- Swimming in our 25-meter swimming pool located in our beautifully landscaped aquatic center surrounded by tall palm trees. Time Warner Cable Park provides the lifeguards. The pool/aquatic center complex is completely fenced around and consists of a changing area, restrooms, outdoor showers, large decking area with lounge chairs, and tables with umbrellas and chairs.
- Three championship softball fields for coed softball games, kickball games, and soccer games. Time Warner Cable Park provides the softballs, bats, kick balls, and soccer balls.
- Ten championship sand volleyball courts for coed beach volleyball games. Time Warner Cable Park provides the volleyballs.
- Four large covered pavilions with picnic tables for the students to gather
during the event. This is also the location for a variety of "board" games the students can participate in and the covered area for the lunch serving.
- Large concession facility with the Park's serving staff will be open for snacks and beverages during the event.
- Time Warner Cable Park will provide a Park Supervisor to assist the attending faculty and parents.
- Time Warner Cable Park will provide a large "Welcome" banner with your school's name mounted on the front entrance gate.
- Time Warner Cable Park's maintenance staff will set-up the event and take care of all clean-up during the event and after the students leave the Park.
As a courtesy, Time Warner Cable Park will allow schools to bring in their own lunches and beverages.
You may select the time for your event. If you prefer to have DJ music, our DJ can be available, or you may bring your own DJ or music system.
Upon request, we will be delighted to provide you with the names of current attending schools with planning person's names and school principal names. If you have any questions, please contact Ken Klein, Director of Special Events at Ken’s office number, (210) 230-6719 or e-mail address Ken@sportsamericasa.com.